Table of Contents
Redsail CM1080 Laser Cutter
Everybody loves lasers
|Status||TESTING IN NEW SPACE as of 2019-APR-01|
|Training||YES (see below)|
|Usage Restrictions||Members Only|
|Owner||Vancouver Hack Space|
|If it Breaks||Turn off. Put a BROKEN sign on machine. Notify forums and Laser Cutter Committee immediately.|
|Loan Status||Owned by VHS|
|Arrival Date||March 30, 2012|
|Location||Back of VHS|
|Value||$3500 + ~$1000 to get it here and set up|
|Champion||See Compendium of Champions|
All members using the laser cutter must have read and understand the Laser Cutter Operation Manual and completed VHS Laser Cutter Training.
The dangers associated with the laser cutter include beam exposure, fire, electrocution, and exposure to dangerous fumes.
While it is important to follow all rules and guidelines, the following are critical:
- Wear the Laser safety glasses at all times.
- Operator must remain within 1m of the machine and monitor cutting at all times when the machine is in operation.
- Only burn Approved Materials. (See Laser Cutter Approved Materials List)
Failure to follow these rules may result in immediate loss of Laser Cutter priviledges.
Laser Cutter Training
- Work area size: 1000mm x 800mm
- Bed size: 1020mm x 820mm
- Type: CO2
- Power: 80W
- Controller: AWC-608B (replacement for original, installed 2013)
- Chiller: AC unit water chiller
- Power supply: LSR-JN80WCO2-2V
- Input: AC 220V
- Power: 80Watt, 100Watt peak
- Triggering Voltage: 28KV
- Operating Voltage: 22KV
- Current: 32mA max
- 3pin terminal pinout: G, AC, AC
- 6pin terminal pinout: H, L, WP, G, IN, 5V