Table of Contents
VHS Laser Cutter Training
Upon completion of the VHS Laser Cutter Training, trainees will be able to:
- Describe the basic operation of the laser cutter
- Operate the VHS Laser Cutter safely
- Use the Laser Access System to authenticate and access the Laser Cutter
- Use LaserCAD software to import a design, select multiple operations, choose operation settings, position the design, and execute a cutting operation
- Determine if a material is laserable at VHS
- List some tips for using the machine effectively
This training is intended to provide a basic overview of how to use the machine safely and effectively. This training does not cover the intricacies of design for laser cutting.
Cost: $30 via cash or through the one-time donation link here. Time: One session, ~2.5-3 hours Scheduling: On-demand / varies, but typically at least 1 / month.
Training can be requested by locating the pinned conversation on the Forum
Frequently Asked Questions
I've completed Laser cutter training at XXX, do I still need to complete VHS Laser Cutter Training?
Yes. The training contains material that is specific to the equipment and workflow for the Laser Cutter at Vancouver Hack Space.
What do I need to bring with me to training?
Other than payment, no additional supplies are required for training. However, you may wish to bring some means of taking notes (e.g. pen/pencil & paper)