- owner = Vancouver Hack Space
- no certification required = Tool certification doesn't exist yet.
- hackable = No (See tips below)
- model = Paragon KM 14T
- serial # =
- arrived = 2021
- does it work? = Works
- if it breaks = Unplug machine, put a broken sign on machine, post on Talk.
- contact = Machine Shop/Welding Shop
- where = Machine shop
- value = $$$$
Safety at a Glance
- If it wasn't obvious, ovens make things hot. This oven is extra spicy. Follow all safety procedures for really really hot things.
- Know where you are going to put hot things and clear those areas and the paths between them before things are hot.
- Do not leave the space while things (material, oven, tools, etc) are still hot.
- Fire watch for 30 minutes after everything is cool.
- Any operation with this oven takes time, plan accordingly.
- Example Timing Info: “It took 55 minutes to get to 1550 including a 40 drop when I peeked to take a pic at about 1400..”
- Consider working with a buddy to help with doors and hot things.
- If working with a buddy is not viable, consider working when others are within earshot.
The oven has a programmable controller. Manual attached here im204-sentry12key-cfrh-nov2018.pdf
tool/heat_treating_oven.txt · Last modified: 2023/07/10 01:41 by majicj