Table of Contents
Everybody loves lasers
|Status||WORKING as 2017-07-21|
|Usage Restrictions||Open to all|
|Owner||Vancouver Hack Space|
|If it Breaks||Turn off. Put a BROKEN sign on machine. Notify forums immediately.|
|Loan Status||Owned by VHS|
|Arrival Date||July 20, 2017|
|Location||Top shelf H5|
|Champion||See Compendium of Champions|
- Powerful 300W Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Large 6 Liters (1.58 gallon) stainless steel (SU304) tank
- Tank size: 12.8“ x 8.0” x 3.9“. The longest item which can fit in is 13.4”
- 2 Color LED display. 1-30 minutes full range timer for ultrasonic cleaning
- 5 heating temperature settings from 40 degree C (104F) to 60 degree C (140F)
Examples of things you can clean
- Precision parts (bearings, gears, valves)
- Lab items (glassware)
- Electrical parts
- Lenses and mirrors
- Bicycle components
- Automotive parts
Modes of cleaning
Only tap water is needed
- Add water to the cleaning take to the level between “MIN” and “MAX” lines and above area to be cleaned
- Put the items to be cleaned inside the basket and put the basket inside the tank
- Set temperature if needed and wait for liquid to reach set temperature.
- Turn the main switch on. Press TIME button to set the timer to 5-10 minutes. Press On/Off button to start cleaning.
Note. Plastic basket absorbs about 30% of ultrasonic energy. Metal will absorb 8%.
You may use different cleaning fluids with this method. ie. * Alcohol for electrical parts * Acetone to dissolve ink
- Put items in separate container. Use ultrasonic waves to penetrate the container to do the cleaning.
- Put the item inside a container. Add proper fluid to submerge item.
- Place the container in the tank directly. Add water to a level between MIN and MAX.
- Set temperature if needed, wait for liquid to hit set temperature
- Press TIME button to set the timer to 10 minutes. Press On/Off button to start cleaning. Ultrasonic waves will penetrate the container and clean the items.
Selection of containers
- Plastic container - These are soft and will absorb about 30% of the energy
- Aluminum container - Absorb 20% of energy
- Stainless steel container - Absorb 8% of energy
- ALWAYS use a to suspend your item to be cleaned above the stainless steel bottom. Failure to do so will damage the basin
- DO NOT operate the device before filling the tank. Doing so may damage the machine.
- ONLY fill the machine between the MIN and MAX markings on the basin.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning solution or strong corrosive chemicals.
- If cleaning multiple parts simultaneously, keep parts away from each other. If they touch, they may damage each other.
Clean-up and Storage
- Rinse, drain, and wipe the reservoir dry.
- Store the ultrasonic cleaner on a shelf in the paint and mess room.