- Quantity = 2
- owner = Vancouver Hack Space
- user certification required = Must be or be with an experienced operator
- hackable = No (See tips below)
- model = Bosch 1375A 4-1/2“ Small Angle Grinder
- serial # =
- arrived = July 2014
- does it work? = Works
- if it breaks = Put a "broken" sign on machine, contact John.
- contact = John Craver
- where = workshop
- replacement value (each) = $80
Safety at a Glance
- Face Shield AND Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection
- Leather Work Boots
- Fire Extinguisher
- A clean work area (clutter makes it hard to search for embers)
- Clamps or Bench Vise
- Heavy leather welding gloves
- Leather apron
- Clothes made of synthetic materials (can catch on fire)
- Any gloves other than heavy leather welding gloves (can get caught
- Jewellery, Long Hair (tie back), and loose fitting clothing.
- Aluminum (Never grind aluminum, it can cause the grinding wheel to explode)
To avoid accidents, the following operational safety rules must be observed by everyone using the Vancouver Hack Space angle grinder. Failure to follow the safety rules may result in a loss of shop privileges.
Start With A Risk Assessment To Ensure A Safe Work Area:
- Do not use the angle grinder when there are others in the space, unless they are paying attention to your work and they are also wearing the required personal protective equipment!
- Safety glasses and a face shield MUST be worn. Hearing protection MUST be worn. Always have a fire extinguisher or bucket of water nearby when grinding.
- Remove loose fitting clothing, jewelry, and tie back long hair.
- Give the work your undivided attention.
- Always search thoroughly after grinding for any sparks which may cause flammable material to ignite.
Operational Safety Rules:
- Approach your work at VHS and with the cordless drill with a safe attitude!
- Never use any grinding accessory larger than 4.5 inches in diameter!
- Always check that the maximum safe operating speed of the grinding accessory is greater than that of the grinder!
- Never remove guards!
- Never grind aluminum!