VHS provides a physical space where people can gather to share ideas, equipment, opinions, and beer. Members work on personal projects, collaborate with others, and learn new skills. More than just a studio space, we focus on sharing all sorts of knowledge within a friendly and collaborative atmosphere. VHS is the community garage for a community without garages.
Many of our members share an interest in 3D printers, laser cutting, machining, crafting, electronics, robotics, programming, electronic music, and art. We welcome anyone with skills to share or an interest in learning, and strive to be as open as possible in everything we do.
Come to our open nights and check it out!
VHS Principles of Unity
VHS strives to be inclusive to all people. We abide the following principles:
- Be excellent to each other. No racism, no sexism, no homophobia, no classism.
- You are free to have your own individual project, or participate in a VHS Group Project.
- VHS Group Projects are open to all.
- Eager willingness to learn is all you need. Expertise is not required. It’s always ok to ask questions.
- VHS is a Member run Do-Ocracy. Help out as you can.
- When members are at the space in addition to cleaning up after themselves they will do a minimum of just one minute for VHS on things that help us run. Examples include sweeping, taking out garbage, or anything else that helps the space operate. This helps us all!
Tuesday, 7:30PM-10:30PM-ish, other days as per the calendar.
Check out the Events Calendar for more information.
What Makes VHS Awesome.
See the letters of support for what our community thinks makes us great!
Space: 4000 sq/ft
Founded: August 2008
How to Get Here
In January of 2019 VHS relocated to 1601 Venables St, at the corner of Woodland Dr. We are located at the root of Commercial Drive, a two minute walk from two different bus routes. Street parking is plentiful. Our main entrance is on on the side of the building, on Woodland Dr.